HOURS OF WORK
32 - 40 hours
Maed for mini is a Rotterdam born, Amsterdam based conscious kids brand for 0-12 years.
We are strong believers of the power of durable quality and original but timeless design. With the use of carefully selected materials, we strive to create a long-lasting product that can be worn year-round, deserves to be treasured and that can be passed onto next generations.
We are in no way perfect, but we are highly aware of our responsibility and moral obligation. As a kids wear brand, we want to produce in a way that will leave our kids with a planet to enjoy. It’s very important to us to do what is right for workers, consumers, and the planet. Therefore, we are taking big steps towards becoming the most responsible version of ourselves and minimizing our social and environmental impact to the best of our abilities.
We are looking for a junior designer to support our design team in the inspiration process, designing and sketching, developing technical drawings and tech packs. You will be working closely together with our product manager and creative-director and will be responsible for creative and technical tasks, having the opportunity to develop your skills across our seasonal collections and special collaborations.
You will join maed for mini in an inspiring and growing phase, working in a openminded and dynamic young team in our homey new office in the centre of Amsterdam.
- Report to the creative director
- Design our seasonal collections (and collaborations) from research until the first steps of the production
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Develop original designs keeping in mind the company identity
- You are structured deadline-oriented and able to work in a fast-moving environment
- You have a bachelor in Fashion Design and or Product Design.
- You are highly skilled in using Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- You can support the Team in finding inspiration, creating moodboards, sketching and designing, creating prints and ultimately developing technical drawings You understand design from a technical perspective, you can create files with technical specifications to delivery to production
- You have excellent drawing skills and you can make prints and repeats
- You have a good eye for details and colour combinations
- You are available as soon as possible, full time, for a minimum of one year
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
A job with many possibilities and opportunities for personal- and professional growth
With our new headquarters in Amsterdam Jordaan, we aim to create the best possible workplace for our small enthusiastic team.
Our work environment is informal and hands-on. Our team is young, creative, and energetic, and besides a 30% discount on maed for mini collections, we love to organize afternoon drinks on a regular basis.
If you believe you are a suitable candidate, please send your motivation letter with CV to: email@example.com