PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / DESIGN INTERNSHIP
HOURS OF WORK
32 - 40 hours (5 months minimum)
Maed for mini is a Rotterdam born, Amsterdam based conscious kids brand for 0-12 years.
We are strong believers of the power of durable quality and original but timeless design. With the use of carefully selected materials, we strive to create a long-lasting product that can be worn year-round, deserves to be treasured and that can be passed onto next generations.
We are in no way perfect, but we are highly aware of our responsibility and moral obligation. As a kids wear brand, we want to produce in a way that will leave our kids with a planet to enjoy. It’s very important to us to do what is right for workers, consumers, and the planet. Therefore, we are taking big steps towards becoming the most responsible version of ourselves and minimizing our social and environmental impact to the best of our abilities.
You will join maed for mini in an inspiring and growing phase, working in an openminded and dynamic young team in our homey new office in the centre of Amsterdam.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support our design and product development process and get to know the whole process
- Ensure samples are fit for purpose
- Check size charts and care labels
- Write comments at samples and take care of the adjustments if required
- Create colour schemes
- Support designing the style sheets
- Create technical drawings in Illustrator
- Maintain contact with suppliers concerning fabrics, sourcing and samples
- Possibility to write a thesis
- Interest in (kids) fashion
Finishing a bachelor degree program in fashion
- Strong skills in Adobe CS (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop)
- Available for a minimum of 4 days a week
- A keen eye for detail, precise and accurate, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Enjoy working in a small team
- Dutch Native and fluent English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A very varied internship in a beautiful spacious office in the middle of the Jordaan
- Good guidance from an experienced Designers
- Gain a lot of experience within a small and driven informal team
- Lots of room for own (creative) input and self-development
- Internship compensation
- If you function well during the internship period, a permanent position within our team is certainly possible
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org